Royan / Talmont-sur-Gironde / Mortagne-sur-Gironde Canal des 2 Mers by bike - Atlantic / Mediterranean sea
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
Follow the cycle track to leave Royan.
Then use a mix of quiet roads and tracks up to Talmont-sur-Gironde.
From Caillaud Cliff to Mortagne-sur-Gironde, the route is steeper, going along a mix of tracks, greenways and quiet but rough small roads.
Between Les Monards and Mortagne-sur-Gironde, the paths along the route are, for the time being, very rough.
- Be especially careful when crossing at Port-des-Monards: the RD 145 road here is narrow and winding and can be dangerous.
- Take particular care at the place named Chez Gautron: crossing the RD 145 here requires caution; then you have to negotiate a steep, 10% grassy slope for 210 metres, forcing you to dismount from your bike.
SNCF train stations
Royan station :
TER regional trains and Intercités trains serve Saintes (7 to 10 trains daily) ; Correspondence from Saintes to Angoulême/Poitiers/Tours/Paris/Niort/La Rochelle/Nantes
- Office de Tourisme de Royan
- Office de Tourisme de Talmont
- Office de Tourisme de Saint Georges de Didonne
- Office de Tourisme de Meschers sur Gironde